Engineering Content Publishing is Different
Project deliverables are comprised of information from many sources. ProjectWise provides teams with publishing solutions for creating accurate and intelligent deliverables.
When collaborating and sharing content, all work is “in progress” and subject to change. To capture or review a point in time, drawings need to be renditioned, viewed (on a variety of devices), versioned, compared, commented upon and archived.
ProjectWise is able to automate this manual, repetitive process to produce paper and/or intelligent electronic deliverables (such as PDF) from drawings and Office documents.
With ProjectWise you can benefit from:
- Space-saving digital storage
- The ability to graphically compare the differences between two versions of a drawing
- Scaled plotting, measuring, document bookmarks and redlining tools for adding comments
- Support for office and wide-format printers
- Publishing in formats fit for use on mobile devices
- And with required control and fidelity due the source information being in a managed environment
Because there can be a variety of uses of engineering content the ProjectWise system is able to publish information for specific roles and devices. This type of publishing can be accomplished by server processes which alleviate the need for human intervention, required by other systems, as engineering content progresses through its lifecycle/versions.